Sunday, April 1, 2012

Futureme.org


Reader’s Digest recommends futureme.org, a site that allows you to send an email to your future self. More than 1.8 million people have sent emails that will arrive tomorrow, fifty years from now, or any time in between.

So what will you say to your future writer self? Congratulations on the Pulitzer? Or maybe you can send yourself a slice of life essay about what’s going on in your life now, or a letter of encouragement, or goals you will have accomplished by the time you read the email. Doesn’t matter, because it can be whatever you want. You can read other letters on the site to get some ideas. While you’re there, tell your future self I said hello!

Write soon,
Mary

5 comments:

  1. I can hardly keep up with my present self, and I am constantly searching for my lost child, or losing my old lady-self and all of her belongings. This might be something to look into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, Mary. I'm wondering if e-mail will still be around in the future or if it will be replaced by something else.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda and Donna both make excellent points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...that DOES sound intriguing...but as Donna said...I can't imagine e-mail being around that long! :)
    Thanks for a very interesting blog post!

    ReplyDelete